Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Generation 1-Chapter 3


"So what should I do, Alistare?" I asked my Mixologist friend.

"About what?" he asked.

"Have you not been listening to the past thousand things I've said?"

"Of course I have, Maddy," he said.


"Ugh," I said as I sipped my drink. One of the benefits of working here was the free drinks. "I said, 'What should I do about Mark?'"

"Be honest," he said.
"Psh. As if. I can't tell him that I'm pretty much homeless." 

"You know, honestly is the best quality," he grinned. "Oh, it's opening time!" What that really meant was, "go away from me and do your job." I sighed, getting up from my chair and going to my post.


Okay, so this wasn't exactly a job, but I got paid for it. It was only temporary, though, until I could get a real job at the hospital.


"Can I help you?" I asked a man that was waving me over.

"Yeah, I need a Double STAT," he ushered me off.


"Got it," I said.


Then the next customer walked in.



Soon the bar started filling up, and I could tell that it was going to be a busy night.
And indeed it was.


When I finally got a chance to look up, I was surprised at what I saw. Mark was here! But he was talking to some woman. I continued to watch them, feeling an odd vibe between them.


They soon moved it to the dance floor . .


Then eventually things led to one another, and they were kissing!


"Ashley," I called out to one of the mixologists, "hold my spot for a second." 
It was time for this nonsense to end.


"What do you think you're doing?" I shouted at him.

"What does it look like?!"

"You're my boyfriend!"
 

He laughed. "Your boyfriend? Was your boyfriend. We were kids, what did you expect?" he shouted right back.


"O-Oh," I mumbled.

What did I think? I thought we were in love, were going to get married, have kids, watch our kids have kids, and their kids have kids . . But all I see now in our future is a broken heart, I thought.


As I turned to leave, he pulled me back. "Madeline, wait, that came out wrong. Just hear me out."

"No. Just, no. Leave me alone, Mark," I said.



2 comments:

  1. :( But but but...
    They're so good together!! :'(

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha! I gave the benefit of doubt, if you look closely.

      Delete