Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Generation 1-Chapter 4


It was sad to say, but after the encounter with Mark, my drinking got worse. Just about any where that I went, I had alcohol in my hand. I could make just about anything too. My boss loved it, as I brought in more money, but what he didn't know was what it was doing to me on the inside.


I used several ways to try and conceal my vicious drinking habit, but it was always there, no matter how faintly. Eventually it began to completely take over my life. The house was a wreck, and most of the furniture smelled like alcohol. Why? I don't remember.


I found myself unable to remember days, weeks, months before, but there was one thing I would never forget. . . .


That night.


Everyday was a constant cycle of drinking, dancing, moonlighting, and trying to remember what I had done the day before.


Plus the free drinks from the bar didn't help my situation any.


Sometimes it got a little out of hand.
But it was all in good fun.
Right?


Or maybe a little more than out of hand.

~~~


He walked into the bar a few weeks later.

"What do you want, Mark?" I asked him casually.

"I want to talk."

"So talk," I said.


"Madeline, I never meant for that night to happen. I was drunk, and didn't mean what I said. I like you, not whoever that girl was. You of all people should know that."

"Why should I believe you?" I slurred.

"Because . . . You just have to. I'm telling you the truth. That girl meant nothing to me. You're the only girl that means something. You mean the world. No, you are the world."

"Well aren't you sweet. Wanna come to my place?" I asked and I stumbled over to him in my drunken state. "It'll be fun. I promise." I planted my lips on his cheek. "Come onnnn, Marrkkk," I rambled.

"Have you been drinking?" he asked.

"No, why would you t-t-hink t-that?"

"Because you normally don't act this way."


"Let me take you home."

"No! I don't wanna go home. I want to stay with my friends!" I exclaimed.

"Madeline . . "

"You're not my mom!" I shouted and shoved him, but fell to the ground in the process. I started giggling uncontrollably. "You're so strong." He seemed to ignore that.

"I may not be your mother, but I do know she wouldn't allow you to act like this." He reached down and pulled me up by my arms, draping them around his neck.

~~~


When I opened my eyes, I was lying on the couch. A throbbing pain in my head caused me to sit up. I grunted.


"So, do you remember any of last night?" Mark asked, causing me to look across the room to him.

"N-No. What happened?"

"Well, besides dancing on tables, drinking a ton of alcohol, trying to seduce me, nothing-"

"WHAT? That's ridiculous. I would nev-"

"Well you did."

"... Did we?"

"No. I wasn't about to take advantage of a drunk girl," he said. I scoffed.


"Could have fooled me."

He stood up and came over to me. "I would never do that. And like I told you last night, if you had remembered, I was drunk. That girl meant nothing to me, and you're the only one that does." I swallowed hard. He looked so serious. But could I really trust what he was saying?


His lips crushed against mine, causing me to forget that he had even kissed that other girl a few months ago.

Man. What did I get myself into?


2 comments:

  1. This was cute, romantic, and funny. I love it. I can tell this is gonna me an interesting and fun legacy. :)

    ~Dawn Turner aka Hailey

    ReplyDelete